Telecommunications Systems and Network
|Bachelor Degree Duration:||4 years|
|Masters Degree Duration:||2 years|
|Medium of instruction:||English, Russian|
|Tuition fee in English:||2500 $US|
|Tuition fee in Russian:||2300 $US|
The Bachelor of Engineering Science (Network Systems and Telecommunications) focuses on developing mastery of theoretical knowledge and practical skills related to network design, management and service provision of private and public network systems, wireless and broadband technologies, and the security and protection of networked and computer systems.
There is a particular focus on practical aspects of network design and deployment of develop a mastery of a range of networking technologies. The course is also strongly focused in aspects of network and computer security using both theoretical studies and practical examples. Aspects of the course cover the content of various professional certifications.
In addition to the specialist networking and security skills, this course is also focused on the development of research skills needed to assess the effectiveness of a networking technology or solution. The acquired skills and knowledge are consolidated in a major project in the final year.
This course provides graduates with knowledge and skills allowing them to undertake professional work at an advanced level in field of Information and Communication Technologies, and as a pathway for research and further learning.
- Kharkiv National University of Radio-Electronics (KNURE)
- The Telecommunication Systems and Networks engineers can be engaged in the study, design, analysis, installation and management of systems and networks for the transmission of information in any form as well as the design, maintenance and evaluation of wire or wireless telecommunications, switching centers, multiplex systems mobile telephony and satellite systems. Besides, they can design, develop and maintain software and hardware of communication and computer systems and applications of telematics and multimedia Systems. In addition, they can deal with the design and materialization of vocational training projects on issues concerning Information Technology and Telecommunication systems and networks.
- The above graduates can work as members of the teaching staff in public and private education as well as occupy any position in the public service, according to the current legislation. They are also entitled to any other activity related to changes and developments in science and technology covered by their specialty.
- A copy of a valid passport at least for one year
- A copy of secondary school certificate (or university degree if applying for graduate program)