Microelectronics, Electronic Devices and Appliances
|Bachelor Degree Duration:||4 years|
|Masters Degree Duration:||2 years|
|Medium of instruction:||English, Russian|
|Tuition fee in English:||2500 $US|
|Tuition fee in Russian:||2300 $US|
The department has more than half a century of experience in preparation of qualified specialists. Since 2007, carried preparation bachelors and masters in new directions: micro- and nanoelectronics, electronic devices and systems, the most important part of the field of knowledge – electronics.
The department was founded in 1963 as a department of electronic devices, since 1996 – it has the modern name.
Areas of scientific activity of faculty are related to the development of new electronic devices of different purposes based on thin-film structures, including quantum-dimensional; electrodeless microwave diagnostics of materials, environments and technical objects of physical and technological aspects of nanoelectronics.
- The Department trains specialists in 0508 branch of knowledge “Electronics” in the following specialities: 8.05080201 “Electronic Devices”, 8.05080101 “Micro- and Nanoelectronic Devices and Equipment” (for Master program), 7.05080201 “Electronic Devices” 7.05080101 “Microand Nanoelectronic Devices and Equipment” (for Specialist program), 6.050802 “Electronic Devices and Systems”, 6.050801 Micro- and Nanoelectronics” (for Bachelor program).
- Total automation in all spheres of modern society, from production to artistic activities, causes the demand in specialists of these fields. Introduction of new information technologies is also possible only with the help of appropriate electronic means.
- The students thoroughly study the disciplines connected with the development and operation of modern electronic products, with the design of control and measuring systems. Our students and post-graduates are given the opportunity of training in France, Germany, Russia due to cooperation with foreign scientific and educational organizations.
- Within the Department a special scientific and educational center was created, equipped with machines and software of ST Microelectronics Corporation, where up to 50 students are trained annually. Its activity deals with modern control and measuring technologies.
- Together with the lecturers and scientific staff of the Department future specialists and masters participate in the development of new electronic sensors and information converters; a new generation of quantum computers; electronic diagnostics of materials, media and objects; information and measuring equipment and control systems of different objects.
- The laboratories of the Department are equipped with the latest and unique equipment, among them are an electronic microscope, technological equipment for making integrated circuits, microcircuits and printed-circuit boards, a multi-function coordinatograph, installation of vacuum and plasma spraying, a microwave microscope developed at the Department, etc.
- The laboratory of nanotechnology that serves as the base for carrying out research in the field of modern nanoelectronics was created at the Department. The laboratory of microelectronic sensors was also created.
- Scientific areas of the Department are:
- microwave diagnostics of materials, media and objects
- scanning microwave microscopy of conductors, semiconductors and dielectrics
- microelectronic receivers and IR and UV image converters
- photoelectric transducers for solar power engineering
- quantum-dimensional structures physics
- The priority in the international activity is cooperation with Russian and European universities. In the framework of the Russian-Ukrainian interdepartmental scientific and technical program “Nanophysics and Nanoelectronics” the Department cooperates with Moscow State University and Saratov State University. As a result, the staff of the Department is performing a couple of scientific and technical projects, such as “Microwave diagnostics and modification of materials in nanotechnology” and “Creation of quantum state detectors based on the phenomenon of superposition in phase and charge cubits”.
- In the framework of the state target scientific and technical program of Ukraine “Nanotechnologies and Nanomaterials” the Department together with the scientific and production concern “Science” carried out the project “Development of the methods for express quality control of semiconductor multilayer nanostructures and nanomaterials in the process of production with the use of scanning microwave microscopy”. In 2010-2011 a group of authors including Prof. Y.Y.Gordienko published 2 monographs.
- It was the result of many years’ scientific cooperation with the Department of Kyiv National University, Odessa National University, Lviv Politechnic, Institute of Semiconductor Physics of NASU, the Institute of Cybernetics of National Academy of Sciences in the field of research and development of microelectronic sensors. In 2011 a team of authors of the work “New Generation Microelectronic Sensors for Intellectual Systems” was put forward to receive the 2011 State Award of Ukraine on a competitive basis. The same year they received the confirmation of the State Award Committee of Ukraine stating that they won this State award.
- The Department actively participates in the University program realized by European ST Microelectronics Corporation working in the field of electronics. In the framework of this project the Department received microcontrolling devices and software, which are used in the educational process. Cooperation was also established with the University of Hannover and Institute of Solar Energy (Germany) where the post-graduate students of the Department can study and undergo internship. At present the Department and German universities are negotiating the fields of Bachelor’s and Master’s graduation theses as well as the possibility of joint Master program.
- Scientific school: radio wave and infrared diagnostics of materials, media and objects.
- Postgraduate and doctoral studies are realized in specialities:
- 01.04.03 – radio physics
- 05.27.06 – technology, equipment and production of electronic devices
- 05.27.01 – solid state electronics
- 01.04.01 – physics of devices, elements and systems
- Kharkiv National University of Radio-Electronics (KNURE)
- A copy of a valid passport at least for one year
- A copy of secondary school certificate (or university degree if applying for graduate program)