Media Systems and Technologies
|Bachelor Degree Duration:||4 years|
|Masters Degree Duration:||2 years|
|Medium of instruction:||English, Russian|
|Tuition fee in English:||2500 $US|
|Tuition fee in Russian:||2300 $US|
The Department trains specialists (bachelors, specialists, masters) in the major of 6.051501, «Publishing and Printing», the speciality:
- 7.8. 05150103 – Computer Technologies and Systems in Publishing and Printing
- 7.8. 05150101 – Printed Publications Technology
- To make educational process more effective the branches of the Department were created at the production: Joint-Stock Company “Research Institute of Laser Technology” (platemaking), Joint-Stock Company “Regional Centre for Business” (electronic publication), Closed JointStock Market “Book Factory “Globus” (printing and postprinting). At the Department and its branches operate university laboratories “Graphic Information Processing and Chromatology”, “Prepress and Electronic Publications”, “Physical and Chemical Fundamentals of Printing”, “Printing Equipment”, “Platemaking” and there is also an educational television production studio with cutting edge equipment. The university laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art computers, input and output devices (scanners, printers, graphics tablets, etc.), tools for measuring optical characteristics of technical devices and publications (densitometers, spectrophotometers), specialized software (graphic and word processors, publishing systems, etc.).
- There are research study groups and a student design laboratory under the supervision of the leading professors at the Department to make students involved into to scientific work.
- The Department collaborates with the Ukrainian Academy of Printing (Lviv) and Publishing and Printing Institute of National Technical University of Ukraine “Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” (NTU “KPI”) to develop national standards in “Publishing and Printing “, to prepare and print textbooks, etc.
- After obtaining a Bachelor’s degree our students may obtain a Master’s degree at Ukrainian Universities (Ukrainian Academy of Printing, Publishing and Printing Institute NTU “KPI”) or continue their studies abroad at Moscow State University of Press,MediaUniversityinStuttgart, theUniversityof Wuppertal).
- The Department of Media Systems and Technologies represents Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics in the World Association of Higher Educational Institutions (International Circle of Educational Institutes for Graphic Arts: Technology and Management), which train specialists for media industry and take part in annual international conferences of the Association participants.
- Every year in summer our students undergo training in one of the biggest printing plants in Europe «RR Donnelley» in Krakow and in the company «Michael Huber Polska» inWroclaw(Poland).
- Kharkiv National University of Radio-Electronics (KNURE)
- A copy of a valid passport at least for one year
- A copy of secondary school certificate (or university degree if applying for graduate program)