Іnfocommunication Engineering (ICE)
|Bachelor Degree Duration:||4 years|
|Masters Degree Duration:||2 years|
|Medium of instruction:||English, Russian|
|Tuition fee in English:||2500 $US|
|Tuition fee in Russian:||2300 $US|
At present the Department provides training for Bachelors, Specialists and Masters in the field of “Telecommunication Systems and Networks” and “Information Security Management”.
Since 1990s postgraduate and doctoral studies have been functioning at the Department.
Annually up to 250 students from Ukraine and other countries are enrolled for the full-time courses (5-6 years), correspondence courses (6 years), postgraduate and external courses (1-5 years) of the Department in groups with training in the Ukrainian, Russian and English languages.
In recent years laboratory equipment of the Telecommunication Systems Department has been updated for more than 80%. Several new laboratories were created connected through the Department network NGN, which allows to carry out laboratory works with the use of remote access and other advanced technologies. Lectures are delivered in multimedia classrooms 301b, 305, 306, 308, 310 and 21з.
Some laboratory works and all kinds of practical training are held at the branches of the Department in such companies as “Ukrtelecom”, “Proton”, “Monolith”, Research and Design Institute “Soyz”, Kharkiv State Regional Scientific Technical Center of Technical Information Protection, or in the companies of mobile communication providers such as “Kyivstar”, “UMS”, “Velton Telecom”, “Recom”, etc. On the basis of Department laboratories five learning centers were organized: CISCO, Samsung, etc.
- The Department is involved in many scientific projects initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science, National Space Agency of Ukraine, Ukrtelecom, the mobile operators: Kyivstar, UMC, Astelit, URS, Goldentelecom. Close relationships with scientific and telecommunication establishments promote the active growth of young scientists. For the last 10 years 21 postgraduates and applicants for a degree of the Department defended Candidate dissertations and 4 doctoral dissertations.
- The Department has one of the best laboratory facilities in Ukraine in the field of telecommunications. More than 10 laboratories of the Department placed in classrooms 301, 301a, 305, 306, 308, 310, 368b, 374, 21з and 25з are equipped with the most advanced equipment from leading manufacturers, including such world famous companies like CISCO, Samsung, Nokia, D-Link, LG, AWAYA, etc.
- The Department of Telecommunication Systems has 6 scientific and learning centers equipped with modern digital equipment of leading world manufacturers: Cisco, Microsoft, Siemens, AVAYA, Nokia, Ericsson, Intel, Samsung, D-Link, Iskratel-Monis, SunRise, etc., represented by fragments of NGN networks, access networks, transportation systems, mobile, wire and wireless communication, switching and routing equipment, fiber optic, satellite, TV, radio and radio relay communications systems.
- Graduates after 4 years of study and defence of the Bachelor Graduation Thesis receive a qualification of a Bachelor of Telecommunication. Then, by the results of entrance examinations they enter Specialist (1 year) or Master (1-1.5 and 2 years) courses, at the end of which they defend correspondingly a Specialist’s Graduation Thesis and Master Thesis in “Telecommunication Systems and Networks”.
- Graduates of Master courses receive a qualification of a telecommunications research engineer while Specialists receive a qualification of a telecommunication engineer. Our graduates meet modern requirements for a telecommunication professional, their speciality is fully in demand in the city of Kharkiv and in Ukraine. Professionals in telecommunications are among the most highly paid employees abroad.
- “Information Security Management” course also implies two stages – after four years of study a Bachelor’s Graduation Thesis is presented, then one can receive a Specialist’s or Master’s degree. Graduates of the Master and Specialist course receive a qualification of a Master/Specialist of Administrative Management. A Specialist or Master of Administrative Management is an analyst manager of information security systems possessing deep knowledge of telecommunication technologies. He is able to solve problems of complex analysis of computer and telecommunication networks, determine their vulnerabilities, put forward proposals to form a subsystem to protect these networks, has the skills of applying technical and cryptographic security tools.
- In terms of scientific research and international cooperation the Department maintains close ties and has agreements on scientific and technical cooperation with many universities in Moscow, St. Petersburg, Bulgaria, Poland, Slovenia, Germany, the UK, Finland and others. It publishes co-authored articles and monographs. Its participation in the “Tempus” programme with a number of universities in Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Poland, Finland, Germany and Spain is planned for the nearest future. The Department is also involved in the international project “Open Skies” of the OSCE.
- At the Department the International Regional Academy of CISCO was created.
- For the last five years the Department staff has published 8 monographs and over 300 papers, has made over 200 presentations. Teachers, postgraduate students and the Department staff systematically take an active part in scientific conferences by the IEEE program, symposia and seminars.
- The Department provides postgraduate and doctoral studies both for citizens of Ukraine and citizens of foreign countries. Currently, 17 out of 36 postgraduate students are foreign citizens. In recent years 8 Doctoral theses have been defended at the Department. Currently 2 people are enrolled in doctoral programs.
- Kharkiv National University of Radio-Electronics (KNURE)
- A copy of a valid passport at least for one year
- A copy of secondary school certificate (or university degree if applying for graduate program)