BDS – Dentistry / Stomatology
|Course duration:||5 years|
|Degree awarded:||Dental Specialist|
|PG Dentistry:||2 years|
|Medium of instruction:||English|
|Recognition:||USMLE, PLAB, WHO, EU, MCI, PMDC, All Asian Medical Councils|
|Tuition Fee:||4675 $US|
The study of Dentistry is an education in becoming a medical professional who has advanced knowledge of teeth, gums and mouth care. A dentistry education is directed toward medical dentistry or dental surgery, or can also include positions as dental technicians, therapists or hygienists. Dentists work together as part of a team within a dentistry practice. The aim of Dentistry is to prevent and treat disease and damage in peoples’ mouths and adjacent systems. Necessary treatments can be determined after thorough examination by a dentist. Most dentists are general practitioners who fill cavities, perform examinations and pull teeth. Several other basic Dentistry responsibilities include detecting and diagnosing disease, improving aesthetic appearances, restoring parts of the mouth after surgical procedures, and preventing problems through education. Dentists discuss with their patients the importance of flossing, diet, brushing, and other important aspects of dental care. Dentists can also work within subspecialties such as orthodontics, oral surgery, or pediatric dentistry. In some countries, it is common for dentists to operate their own practice.
- We cooperate with only State Owned, National and Worldwide recognized universities of Ukraine.
- There are several choices available to those interested in entering a career in Dentistry. One option is opening a practice, which requires knowledge of how to run a business; another is going into Dentistry employment within general healthcare. In some countries, it is common to work as an employee in the private dental care sector. Further choices are provided whether you choose to go into general practice, or specialize in, for example, orthodontics or dental surgery.
- There is another option of teaching or doing research in the field of Dentistry. You can also practice Dentistry as a dental nurse, hygienist or dental technician. The future for Dentistry in most places looks bright. Especially in those areas of the world with an aging population, a greater number of dentists are needed, and demand for oral health is high. The same goes for other professionals within Dentistry, who are in greater demand as dental care and keeping one’s own teeth has become of much greater importance to the individual. The key to finding success in the field of Dentistry is to be both science- and people-oriented and to complete a high-quality education course in Dentistry.
- A copy of a valid passport at least for one year
- A copy of secondary school certificate (or university degree if applying for graduate program)