|Bachelor Degree Duration:||4 years|
|Masters Degree Duration:||2 years|
|Medium of instruction:||English, Russian|
|Tuition fee in English:||2500 $US|
|Tuition fee in Russian:||2300 $US|
The Artificial Intelligence Department (AI) is one of the best places in Ukraine for research and education in Computer Science in general and in Artificial Intelligence particularly.
The Department trains student of three qualification levels:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science – 6.050101
- Masters Degree in Artificial Intelligence Systems (AIS) – 8.05010104
- PhD in “Artificial Intelligence Systems and Means” – 051323
The academic staff which provides research and education at the Department consists of 6 Professors and 11 PhD.
Field of study “Artificial Intelligence Systems” provides students with knowledge and skills in the fields of software design for complex distributed and intelligent systems, Web-based applications and services, intelligent data analysis and computational intelligence, electronic and mobile commerce, intelligent Internet technologies, ubiquitous, autonomic and proactive computing, etc. what gives graduator opportunity to make a career as a IT professional: developer of program systems and services in the Web; Software (Cloud) Service architects; experts in Big Data, ontology engineering, knowledge management and constructing of knowledge based-systems.
The main objective of the department is to train students at the internationally recognized level. Our graduates work in the leading Ukrainian and world-known companies: Nokia, Sonera, Nokia-Siemens Network, Digia, F-Secure, Futurice, International Marketmakers Combination, SapfoX, Eclipse, People.Net, Nix Solutions, etc. The most talented graduates made their PhD thesis and act as researchers in Finnish universities of Jyvaskyla, Tampere, Vaasa, Portuguese university of Algarve, Dutch universities of Eindhoven and Amsterdam, Malta University of information technologies, etc.
More than 80 our graduates obtained M.Sc. degree in the field of “Mobile Computing” and “Artificial Intelligence” of the Finnish University of Jyvaskyla and Dutch Vrije University of Amsterdam besides Ukrainian Degree of Specialist and later Master of Science, more than 27 of them obtained PhD degree.
- The main objective of the department is to train students at the internationally recognized level
- Our graduates work in the leading Ukrainian and world-known companies: Nokia, Sonera, Nokia-Siemens Network, Digia, F-Secure, Futurice, International Marketmakers Combination, SapfoX, Eclipse, People.Net, Nix Solutions, etc. The most talented graduates made their PhD thesis and act as researchers in Finnish universities of Jyvaskyla, Tampere, Vaasa, Portuguese university of Algarve, Dutch universities of Eindhoven and Amsterdam and Malta University of information technologies, etc.
- To target this purpose AI Department has all necessary resources: high qualified academic staff which trains students in a line with smart trends of the studied fields combined it with entrepreneurship education, develops international projects aimed at capacity building of higher education and involve student in joint work.
- The strong foundation of the field of study “Artificial Intelligence Systems” (AIS) was laid down in 1995 when Ukrainian and international experts developed curriculum of “Intelligent Decision Support Systems” (IDSS) – precursor of AIS. IDSS curriculum was a result of the project funded by Finnish Academy of Science, developed in a line with the European standards and approved by both Ukrainian and Finnish Ministries of Education as well as by partner European universities.
- This allows our graduates to continue education in European universities and make easier transferring the courses obtained in home university within Bachelor degree, getting Degree of M.Sc or PhD and good opportunities for successful career in IT companies of Ukraine as well as Europe.
- We offer our students opportunities to participate in the national and international programs and projects for education and research, to get the 2nd Master’s Degree of Finnish, Dutch, German and Swedish universities, to try their skills in the development of the projects ideas and business plans for real IT projects together with French students within international entrepreneurship seminars under supervising of Ukrainian and European teachers and entrepreneurs.
- More than 80 our graduates obtained M.Sc. degree in the field of “Mobile Computing” and “Artificial Intelligence” of the Finnish University of Jyvaskyla and Dutch Vrije University of Amsterdam besides Ukrainian Degree of Specialist and later Master of Science, more than 27 of them obtained PhD degree.
- AI Department scientists undertake research in the following areas:
- Software for complex distributed mobile and Internet-systems
- Semantic Web Services for Smart Devices
- Knowledge computing
- Big Data
- Semantic Web and Semantic technology
- Artificial intelligence, multi-agent systems
- Integration, intelligent data processing and knowledge management in global networks
- Internet-based systems of electronic and mobile commerce
- Computational intelligence, adaptive neuro-, fuzzy-systems
- From January 2016 PhD, Senior lecturer, Mariia Golovianko became a member of the Management Committee of the programme COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) in particularly its network project Keystone (within Horizon2020) for the best European researchers in the fields of Semantic Web, Artificial Intelligence, Semantic Data Management. She represents Ukraine and KNURE in this network project aimed at establishing the strong research network between researchers and creation of the common European research area.
- Researchers of the department have regular trainings and participating development within joint European projects and bilateral agreements; cooperate effectively with the best world scientists in the priority areas of Artificial Intelligence. Researchers of the Department confirm their results through numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals and proceedings of the international conferences; give lectures in universities of Finland, France, Germany and the Netherlands as invited lecturers; realise research results in the product and services which is piloting in Ukraine and abroad; implement obtained results in the research-based Master and Doctoral education to train the mature graduates.
- Applied projects of the scientists of the Department are implemented in numerous industrial projects of such world-known companies as Nokia, JSP, Tekes, Fingrid, TeliaSonera, TietoEnator, Metso Automation, ABB.
- 05.13.23 – Systems and Means of Artificial Intelligence
- 05.13.06 – Information Technologies
- Kharkiv National University of Radio-Electronics (KNURE)
- A copy of a valid passport at least for one year
- A copy of secondary school certificate (or university degree if applying for graduate program)